Credits go to the following used sources: Government of Spain, World Health Organization, Properly Inc., Airbnb recommendations and Midtown Luxury Apartments dedicated team.
STEPS for PRESENTIAL CHECK-IN at apartment
● Upon arrival, we will take the temperature of all guests with an infrared thermometer.
● The check-in procedure will be carried out in the office with the main guest 2 m. away and separated from the receptionist by a security screen.
● We safeguard distance. We offer alcoholic hand wash gel in the lobby and our staff wears a mask.
● If the documents of all the guests have not been sent previously for their copy, the main guest will give them to the receptionist who will make a photocopy using UVC LED sterilization Wand.
● Contracts, POS terminal and keys will be disinfected in front of the guest using UVC LED sterilization Wand.
● Welcome guest downstairs. Go only with the main booker upstairs. Other travelers must wait in the entrance hall of the building.
We attend guests at a safe distance and wear mask
We are uniquely positioned to provide assurance to guests at this time. Once a property has been correctly disinfected, the only people occupying the property are the guests themselves.
Protect the Cleaners First
Before beginning to clean any property, our cleaners do the following:
● Wash hands immediately on arrival, following correct procedure for handwashing
● Disinfect their mobile phone using UVC LED sterilization Wand (this is important because cleaners often use their phones during a clean to take photos of the conditions of the apartments, etc.)
● Put on sanitary gloves, mask and equipment personal protective.
We clean and disinfect
Cleaning with soap and water removes germs, impurities, and dirt from surfaces. Reduces the risk of spreading the infection. Disinfection kills germs on surfaces. By killing germs on the surface after cleaning, you can further decrease the risk of spreading the infection That’s why we clean and disinfect at the same time.
We sanitize all linens, blankets, and towels at the property, even if they were not used by the previous guest. Similarly, we sanitize all the dishes and flatware – not just the ones that the guest used. Our dishwashers have a sanitization setting, which simply means the water is hot enough to kill 99.9% of bacteria. This is 65 degrees Celsius.
What Products we use?
We use Bosque Verde antibacterial products disinfectant recommended by the Ministry of Health against COVID-19. We check the expiration date of cleaning products, and never mix bleach with ammonia or other substances. We always follow dilution instructions to the label, and do not “top up” dilutees, as this can render them ineffective or too strong for use on some surfaces.
What to Disinfect
Our staff knows the correct “dwell time” for the product used. The dwell time or contact time is the amount of time the product needs to sit on the surface to be effective. We follow correct protocols for how to clean without cross-contamination while disinfecting.
We disinfect entirely the room where bodily fluids are most likely to linger – the bathroom. Every surface in the bathroom is disinfected with an approved cleanser.
We use the 8-Fold Method
We make sure to use a clean side of the cleaning cloth every time we clean a fresh surface, and to change The cleaning cloth completely if it is a garment or the type of cleaner, we are using.
The 8-fold method is to fold a cloth in half, and then in half again. This gives us eight surfaces of equal size that we use one after another very quickly by turning the "pages" of the cloth like a book.
We change the surface until we have no more clean ones, and then we move on to a new cloth. Again, we don't use the same cloth for different rooms in the house. We use a completely new cloth for the following surfaces: bathrooms, garbage cans, and food preparation surfaces. Once we finish cleaning those areas, we discard that cloth and use a new one for the next surface.
All our cleaning cloths and mop heads are made of cotton or microfiber.
Triple Up our Buckets
For clean, we use this three-bucket system.
● Bucket 1 contain our detergent or cleaning solution.
● Bucket 2 is for rinse water.
● Bucket 3 is for disinfectant.
How we Clean Electronics and Touchpads
We disinfect electronics by wiping them down with a disinfectant. We use a damp cloth and a disinfecting solution does not harm our electronics if the cloth is thoroughly wrung out.
For the crevices of devices like remote controls, temperature controls, and keypads, we use a Q-tip soaked in disinfectant.
After completing the clean, the cleaner makes sure to walk through the property and disinfect all doorknobs and handles to complete the cleaning process.
We Ventilate Rooms Before We Clean
We allow fresh air to circulate for at least 20 minutes. And leave all windows open during the entire cleaning process.
We Wash Our Hands Thoroughly Before and After Each Cleaning
We use soap and water, and scrub for at least 20 seconds. If that’s not possible, we use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
We Wear Disposable Gloves While We Clean
Gloves are thrown out after each cleaning. We make sure to wash our hands immediately after gloves are removed.
Stock Up on Paper Towels, Disinfectant Wipes, And Other Disposable Cleaning Supplies
We also clean with reusable products, machine-wash them at the highest heat setting appropriate for the material.
We Clean, Then Disinfect
Cleaning is when you use soap or detergent and water to remove dirt, germs, and impurities. Disinfecting refers to the use of chemicals like bleach or alcohol to kill germs. Doing both is the best way to reduce the spread of infection.
We Use the Right Disinfectant
Diluted household bleach solutions, cleaning products with at least 70% alcohol, and most common disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency are believed to be effective against the coronavirus.
We Focus on Frequently Touched Surfaces
Light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles are just a few of the areas we disinfect.
About Sofas, Rugs, Drapes, And Other Soft, Porous Surfaces
We carefully remove any visible dirt, and then use a vaporizer machine at the right temperature for each material. We Wash All Linens at The Highest Heat Setting Recommended By The Manufacturer. That includes bedsheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. We wear gloves when handling dirty laundry.
We Empty the Vacuum Cleaner After Every Cleaning
We disinfect the vacuum cleaner, along with other cleaning appliances like the dishwasher and washing machine.
We Check the Expiration Dates on Our Supplies
And we never mix household bleach with ammonia or other cleaning solutions – doing so can release toxic gases.
Clothes & personal stuff
Always we leave all our clothes, shoes, and personal items near the entrance and in a secluded place that does not have contact with anything in the apartment.
Where and how we throw our trash?
● We put the mask and gloves in a plastic bag, and immediately put it in a second garbage bag, well insulated from everything.
● Once in the double bag, neither the toilet nor the floor is thrown. We deposited it tightly closed in the household garbage can, with a lid.
● Once the bag is filled, we be 'exclusively' deposited in the Gray container (in Barcelona) on the street. Otherwise, in the general trash container.
The guest must throw his own trash
● Fans and lamp chains
● Garbage and recycling bins
● Ironing boards and irons
● Light switches
● Remote controls
● Thermostats and heating radiators
● Windowsills, pulls and window handles
● Appliances: coffee maker, oven, pressure cooker, toaster, etc.
● Cabinet handles and pulls
● Condiments: oil, salt and pepper shakers, commonly used spices and containers, etc.
● Hard-backed chairs
● Kitchenware that isn’t dishwasher safe: ceramic bowls, kids’ plasticware, etc.
● Hangers and luggage racks
● Cleaning Appliances:
● Vacuum cleaners
● Tap handles, towel racks.
● Services and soap dispensers
<p class="MsoBodyText" style="text-indent: -18.05pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; ta